Duke of Edinburgh
At Up Holland High we are excited to introduce the Duke of Edinburgh Bronze Award scheme to our year 9 pupils. The award is a real adventure from beginning to end and will give our pupils the chance to discover many new talents or fine tune talents they already possess.
We hope many of our pupils take up this great opportunity on offer, the Award not only enhances individual confidence and team building skills but is widely recognised by colleges, universities and future employers of our pupils.
There will be a registration process in which pupils need to register with the DofE coordinator (Mr D Wise) before the 17th October 2016. There will be a registration fee of £24.00 per pupil to join the scheme, once registered the pupil will receive:
- Participant’s Handbook
- Assessor Guidance booklet
- Merchandise leaflet
- Welcome letter
- DofE Reward Card (previously the Cotswold card), 15% discount off Cotswold Outdoor products.
All Form Teachers will be trained in E-DofE, the electronic online system which will allow pupils to access their DofE account online during Form time enabling them to set up and keep up dated their own DofE program.
- You can do a Bronze DofE programme once you’re 14 (or nearly 14, which sometimes happens when you and your friends decide to start your adventure together.
- A Bronze DofE programme has 4 sections, Volunteering, Physical, Skills and Expedition. You must do a minimum of 3 months activity for each of the Volunteering, Physical and Skills sections, and plan, train for and do a 2 day (1 night) Expedition.
- You also have to spend an extra three months on one of the Volunteering, Physical or Skills sections. It’s your choice which one and, though you can change your mind later, you should decide which section you want to do for longer at the beginning. Knowing how long you’re going to do it for will help you to choose your activity and set your goals for each section.
- It will usually take you at least 6 months to complete your Bronze programme.
Bronze (14+ years old)
|3 months||3 months||3 months||Plan, train for and undertake a 2 day, 1 night expedition.|
|All participants must undertake a further 3 months in the Volunteering, Physical or Skills sections.|