- All pupils must endeavour to be a credit to Up Holland High School, their parents and themselves at all times.
- All pupils are expected to be considerate and courteous to others, whether adults or children.
- Pupils are not permitted through red doors.
- When moving about the school, pupils must walk and keep to the left.
- The entrance hall is an area reserved for visitors, staff and prefects. Pupils must not enter this area unless directed by a member of staff
- On dry days during breaks pupils must leave the building until the end of break (access to toilets can be made from outside).
- Wet breaks will be indicated by a double bell and pupils should go directly to either the Main Hall or DT block.
- Pupils should keep well away from parked cars and bicycles.
- Ball games are only allowed on the school field and the basketball court and should always be kept well away from the buildings, cars, windows, roads or gardens.
- Pupils requiring medical attention must report to school office. They must not contact parent/guardian via mobile phone before reporting to office.
APPEARANCE AND DRESS
- Full school uniform must be worn at all times including travelling to and from school.
- Only natural hair colours are permitted. Jewellery, badges (other than school badges), make-up, nail varnish or any type of nail enhancement are not to be worn by girls or boys.
- Coats must not be worn indoors. Coats must be either left in cloakrooms, carried inside bags or left in pupils’ lockers.
- Pupils may bring mobile phones to school provided that phones are switched off at all times during lessons. Phones should be security marked.
- Mobile phones must not be used in school, including their use as a camera or video. Pupils and parents must sign a mobile phone agreement form.
SAFETY, SECURITY, ETC
- All cases of injury or illness must immediately be reported to the school office.
- Certain items must never be brought to school. These include:
- glass bottles or containers,
- spirit marker pens,
- ‘liquid paper’ correction fluid,
- valuables or cash beyond what is needed for that day,
- electrical or electronic equipment (including MP3 players/ipods),
- or anything which could be harmful or offensive to others.
There are specific safety rules for all laboratories and practical areas.
All children will be taught these in their first lessons in those areas.
- Trading on school premises in whatever form is not allowed.
- Leaving school premises without being given permission in advance is not allowed – this includes going to the garage between the hours of 8.45am and 3.10pm throughout the school day.
- All pupils eating a school lunch or bringing a packed lunch to eat in school must remain on the premises throughout the lunch break.
- Pupils who have been given permission to go home for lunch with their family will be given a lunch pass.
- Take-away food must not be brought into school for consumption. Food, snacks, sandwiches, etc may only be consumed in the school dining rooms and nowhere else in the buildings.
- Chewing gum is not to be eaten at any time, anywhere on the school site.